Engineer Level 1
Align Production Systems is looking for an Engineer (Level 1) for our Engineering Group.
JOB TITLE: Engineering Level 1
REPORTS TO: Engineering Team Leader/Manager of Engineering
The Engineering Level 1 position is responsible for engineering and design, supporting product standards, and managing customer projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Engineering Responsibilities
- Develop economical and competent designs
- Utilize Solidworks and develop detail drawings conforming to engineering standards.
- Select components and ensure accurate BOM’s are imported into the ERP system.
- Manage critical path of the project, driving pre-procurement opportunities.
- Create manufacturing build drawings and assemble “Release Packages”.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis of welded steel structures in Solidworks.
- Support manufacturing and resolve any issues as appropriate.
Product Standards Responsibilities
- For assigned product standard groups, support standards maintenance and design activity.
- For assigned standards, support the development and updates of documentation and E-Catalogue data.
- Support sales and estimating groups for all assigned product standard groups.
Business conduct in adherence to the 3 main Align Production Systems LLC Core Values.
- 20/20 Responsibility
- Determined Innovators
- Emotional Team Unity
- Perform all work in order to help meet or exceed the 3 main Align Production Systems LLC employee incentive compensation goals.
- Degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience in machine design of O.E.M. equipment
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Mechanical Drafting with ANSI Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Generally a desk job, standing/walking required 40% of the time.
- Daily exposure to CAD stations.
- Work hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Flexibility and ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Flexibility to work overtime on demand.