Discover what many Fortune 1000 companies already know—air bearings are a reliable, proven technology with the power to transform your operations.
Transform Operations with Powerful Air Bearing Solutions
Air bearings have revolutionized operations for countless companies. When utilized in various equipment and custom designed systems, air bearings (also referred to as air casters) eliminate the need for overhead cranes, wheeled carts, fork trucks, dollies and other transporters.
Decades of use have proven air bearings’ ability to support lean manufacturing processes while:
- Saving floor space
- Eliminating floor and wall damage
- Reducing maintenance costs
- Requiring a small capital investment for a fast ROI
- Omni-directional movement for maximum flexibility and easy, precise loading
- Cushioned, near frictionless movement for spark-free operation
- Low profile, low floor pressure requirements for maximum safety
- Extremely high load capacity suitable for nearly any application
Steel Air Skid
Airfloat air skids allow for the safe movement of your materials. Air skids, placed under a load for movement, can be used to move almost anything, including sensitive, high precision machinery. An optional pendant control provides "Dead Man" control over the air skid system. Capacities are dependent upon air bearing sizes and quantity.
Air Bearing Turntable
Designed with air bearing technology, large loads are easily rotated on Airfloat turntables. The enclosed structure design provides an operating surface and full protection for the air bearings. Airfloat can design and build turntables to any size and load capacity. Special fixtures or load support hardware can also be provided.