Experience the safest and easiest method of moving heavy machines with versatile and reliable air caster technology.
Machinery Movers Simplify Heavy Equipment Transport
When machinery needs to be moved or reconfigured, traditional casters or Hilman rollers can’t touch the simplicity and versatility of air bearings. Airfloat air skids, available in a range of sizes and capacities, allow precise, omnidirectional movement and positioning of heavy loads or machinery. Our air skids:
- Are available in bearing diameters ranging from 10 to 54 inches
- Move loads from 2,400 to 40,000 lbs. per skid easily and safely
- Can be bolted under machines or fixtures
- Can be simply spaced apart to accommodate a variety of load sizes
Designed to Compete – on Price and Performance – with All Other Solutions
Air bearings (or “air casters”) work on the principle of using compressed air to glide industrial equipment over a cushion of air, providing a cost-effective alternative to overhead cranes. Benefits include:
- Safe, ergonomic operation
- Productivity is increased since moves are accomplished faster
- Lower capital expenditures – eliminates cranes and moving contractors
- Tray-mounted air bearings that allow for servicing without removing the load
- Operates on plant air supply
- No floor damage during load movement
Airfloat air skids are a brilliantly simple, hardworking load-movement solution that enables you to do more with less. When you want the safest, most ergonomically correct way to move and position heavy loads – regardless of industry – you want Airfloat’s air caster technology.